Kids and Youth at St James
We love Kids at St James and have programs for all ages.
Our Playgroups are currently awaiting direction from Playgroup NSW about when they can reopen.
Playgroup offers a fun playtime for children 0-5 years and their parents or carers. Playgroup runs from 10am – 12noon each Monday and Friday in school term, with painting, play dough, educational toys, craft, stories and songs, and bike time. If families can bring a piece of fruit and a gold coin donation that is much appreciated. We aim to provide a safe and welcoming space for families, and we reflect the diversity of our local community. Look for us in the hall on the corner of Liverpool Rd and Highbury St. For more information about our Playgroups click here.
- Groups and Locations
- Drop-off and Pick-up
- St Johns Ashfield
- See document “4pm Service Drop-off and Pick-up Handbook“
- Drop off time – From 3.30pm
- Pickup time – From 5-5.15pm
If your child has a different mode of transport please communicate that information to us (ie riding bike, being picked up by a grandparent/friend)
- drop off and pickup from the undercover area of Wynola
- Drop off – from 3.45pm
- Pickup – from the end of the service
- Parents will be contacted if child needs to go to the bathroom
- St Johns Ashfield
- What to bring?
- a water bottle for your child to have their own drink
- What not to bring?
- Items from home – toys, pens and pencils etc to reduce spread
- Health regulations
- Social distancing – As of July 1 kids and youth no longer need to practice social distance. Our leaders still need to practice social distancing with each other and with kids/youth.
- Hygiene and cleaning – all spaces will be cleaned after use. Any objects in regular use (ball, craft supplies, scissors etc) will be cleaned. Hand sanitiser will be provided on arrival to all spaces.
- Sickness – if your child is sick please keep them home.
Friday Kids Clubs
Each Friday afternoon local children gather with their friends in the Church grounds to enjoy an hour of fun filled games and craft along with Bible stories and discussions.
Kindergarten – Year 4 4:30pm-5:30pm
Year 5 & 6 5:30pm-6:30pm
Croydon Summer Club
The next Summer Club is 11th-15th January, 2021. Details will be released closer to the time.
More Kids information
We hope Youth will feel at home at St James
Our Friday Night Youth Group for years 7-10 meets from 6:30pm-8pm and for years 11-12 from 8pm-9:30pm during school term. It is a mixture of high intensity games, chill out time and learning about the Christian Faith. It’s a group from high schools in the surrounding suburbs. We have lots of youth attend and the program is run by University Students and Young Workers who are keen to talk about their lives and faith. Each night we hope to clearly describe what Christians believe and to establish long lasting, deep relationships through our various activities.
Morning Youth (Yr 7-9)
Senior High Growth Group (Yr 10-12)
The Senior High Growth Group meets each Sunday in School Term from 5:30-7pm. We have dinner together, study the Bible and then share in prayer time. After the group most members attend the Evening service which starts at 7pm. Anyone in high school, years 10-12, is welcome to join.
Each year we run a camp for our Youth Group. We travel to Port Hacking for the weekend where we spend time building deeper friendships and starting new ones. We also spend a significant time thinking about what it means to be a Christian in our daily lives. This camp is open to anyone in High School or who will be attending High School in the following year.
More Youth information
Safe Ministry At St James
St James is committed to the highest standards of care and safety in our programmes for children and youth. All adult staff and volunteers in these programmes have a Working With Children Check as required by law. Additionally, they must also complete ‘Safe Ministry Training’ and have a refresher every 3 years. The church has a Safe Ministry Representative who monitors the currency and record-keeping for these accreditations.